Guys. Pumpkin spice season is here already! Lately, waffles have been a go to breakfast for my son and I. So, I wanted to add some hidden veggies to our waffles since it’s one of his favorite things to eat. As an added perk you can often find pumpkin puree cheaper during the summer. Win! Down the road, I want to try a couple more hidden veggie combinations in our waffles like… spinach & blueberry, beets & carrots, or zucchini & apple!! So many possibilities!
I think my waffle maker is one the best purchases I ever made. I love both pancakes and waffles…but I have no knack for actually making the perfect pancake. Waffle makers aren’t expensive, they’re easy to use, and they require much less clean up!! Perfect mom tool! Enjoy 🙂
Whole Wheat Pumpkin Carrot Waffles
Servings: 4 large waffles
Time: 30 mins
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 tbs Brown Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 cup Shredded Carrot
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- Mix together all dry ingredients.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until well incorporated.
- Follow the directions on your waffle maker to make your waffles! (Mine does well with 3/4 cup batter and 5 minute cook time per waffle)
- Serve warm with butter and pure maple syrup.
Place a sheet of parchment paper under your waffle iron for easy clean up (because there WILL be spills)!
Use ice cube trays to freeze leftover pumpkin puree!
Separate waffles and freeze in small bags to snack on another day!