Check out this refreshing mocktail containing the juices of beets, carrots, apples, and oranges to make one scrumptious summer drink! This mocktail’s secret…orange juice ice cubes! Never drink a watery juice drink again!
I feel like I have been pregnant for 2 years now, and through all this summer heat I have been craving a fresh juice drink…and plain apple juice isn’t cutting it anymore! I will also be trying this drink as an actual cocktail as soon as I can. I think it would taste delightful with some coconut rum 🙂
ALSO! I’m all about sneaking vegetables into things so I can’t even feel bad about drinking this healthy mocktail. My toddler loves it too and that’s always a win! It does have a slight beet flavor, but you can control the amount of beet juice mix to orange juice…plus it’s super pretty and sure to impress your guests!
The leftover beet juice mix can be stored in the fridge and used later. Mix it with more orange juice or try another juice, I think pineapple or peach would also go great.
Beet the Heat Mocktail
Time: 1 – 2 hours with freezing time
- 1 beet
- 1 carrot
- 1 apple
- 2-3 cups orange juice
- Take 1 cup of orange juice and freeze into cubes.
- With a juicer – juice the beet, carrot, and apple.
- Without a juicer – blend the beet, carrot, and apple (add a little orange juice if needed to help blend). Strain the blended mixture through cheese cloth into a bowl to remove all the grit.
- Place a couple orange juice cubes in each glass, fill 1/3 way full with beet juice mix and fill the rest with orange juice!
Tips and Tricks
- Freeze all your leftover fruit juices! I even freeze what is leftover from canned fruits, like pineapple or peaches, just so it doesn’t go to waste. Great for juice drinks or smoothies!